Thursday, January 17, 2008

Too long away!

It's been a busy couple of months. I've been keeping up (a bit) with my website, but it seems I don't get back here to my blog as often as I should, anymore.

I have been on a roller coaster ride lately. (Feels like a lot more downs than ups lately, but whatever.) More rejections. More "thank you for rejecting my work in such a timely manner," from me. (Which feels a bit like thanking someone for hitting me, but whatever.) More thinking I just might make it this time -- but no brass ring. Or cigar. Or even a sniff of cigar smoke. Darn it all anyhow.

However, other parts of my life are moving along very nicely. My daughter moved into her nice new condo at the beginning of this month, and is now living her "Sex in the City" lifestyle. I'm one of the two people in the world who haven't actually watched that show, so I'm not quite sure what she means by that. However, I think she's having some fun, and she looks great! Way to go, Girl! Keep up the fantastic work.

She and I went to a black tie event -- 2nd anniversary of "Alternative Trends" this past weekend -- and had a good time. We both looked fabulous, if I do say so myself, though I believe she beat me in the glamour department. That's all right, though. Ran into a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while, into people I didn't know would be there (small world thing going on) and a huge number of "beautiful people." Didn't know there were that many of them in Edmonton. And you should have seen the shoes and purses! Purses are my weakness, and I saw a couple that blew my mind. I have to figure out where they were purchased! Could have asked I suppose, but the search is half the fun. Anyhow, enjoyed ourselves, and decided we would have to find outings like this, so we can dress up and schmooze. I personally love that idea. So, bring on the invitations!

Didn't win the 3 day. Didn't even make it on the top 25 or whatever. (See? Not even a whiff of cigar smoke!) A friend of mine said it best. What are they looking for???? Ah well. Am now getting to work on it, to get it down (or up) to a more publishable length. And then back out into the fray. Sigh.

OK, enough! I have writing to do! (And TV to watch. Started Season Four of "The Wire" last night. Yahoo for DVDs is all I can say. Will give an update on my website when I'm done. Suffice to say -- it's a good series, if a little testosterone laden. (Like the rest we've watched this season aren't! Have you checked out "Rescue Me" lately? Ever? How about "Deadwood?" If you haven't, do. Just be warned. Cover your ovaries. (Except some of the women in Deadwood are starting to show some real backbone, which is great.))) (OK, that was cool. I managed to end that little tirade with three -- count 'em three -- parentheses. Cool, if a little convoluted.) I'm almost glad for the cold weather, this year. These programs have been a lot of fun, and with the writer's strike stopping most of the decent programs being produced (and there was little enough of that, now wasn't there?), we needed these. Am always on the lookout for others, however, so if you know of any, please let me know.

OK, now back to it, really. I'll try to be back more often. I really will.

No comments: