Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First ConVersion 23, now Cheryl Kaye Tardif

Haven't been here in a while. Sorry. It's been a pretty busy summer -- and I've been devoting a bit more time to my website than this blog -- which isn't great, but I only have so many hours in the day. So there you go.

As a matter of fact, I snitched this entry from the blog on my website to get you up to date on what's going on. And because I REALLY want you all to check out my website on Thursday, August 23, 2007 -- because I'm having a guest, and I'm massively excited about it.

Read below for the details:

Suddenly things are moving at light speed. Isn't that nice? I just get back from a fantastic convention (see my website, www.eileenbell.com for details), and I have a stop scheduled (on my website) for Cheryl Kaye Tardif's Virtual World Book Tour!

A little bit of background, for those who are not familiar with her:

Cheryl Kaye Tardif is a best selling Canadian author who self published her first three novels, (Whale Song, The River, and Divine Intervention). She has so much marketing savvy, she was able to do something that many small presses have trouble doing. She got her books into the big book stores, like Chapters/Indigo. (The first time I met her, she was doing a book signing in Chapters South Point. (I believe it's the biggest Chapters in Edmonton, but don't quote me.) And she never stops. Since I've known her, barely a week goes by that she is not doing a book signing or presentation somewhere. On top of that, she is the creator and one of the ongoing organizers of Author's Row at the Women's Show, held at the Northlands Agricom every spring and fall. She amazes me.

The truly amazing thing is she somehow was able to turn up the heat marketing-wise, when Whale Song was accepted by Kunati Inc. Book Publishers. (See my links.) She is a human dynamo who is unbelievably enthusiastic about not only the writing process, but marketing herself and her books. She is an inspriation to me personally, and should be to every other writer out there.

Thanks to everyone who sent in questions for Cheryl. She will be answering as many as she can -- and perhaps I'll be able to convince her to come back and visit again, if she isn't able to answer them all, or if her stop generates more questions. (You know how that is. You get home from meeting an author, and realize you didn't ask the BIG burning question.)

Mine is not her only stop, so go to her website (in my links) and check out where else she's been/will be in the next while. But be sure to show up on Thursday! I know I'm dying to find out what her answers are! (She snuck in there earlier and answered one for me all ready. Now I know her work garb is pajamas. Just like me!)

No comments: