Monday, August 13, 2007

Want to talk to a real live author?

I have a problem. I'm not an interviewer. I thought I could pull it off, I really thought I could. But I can't.

On August 23rd, author Cheryl Kaye Tardif will be visiting my site, which is one stop on her "virtual book tour," a concept I thought was pretty cool. However, I am supposed to interview her. And I don't have a clue what to ask.

So here's what I want. I want questions for her from you. She has self published three books, and recently published a reprint of "Whale Song" with a conventional publisher, Kunati Press. So, she's seen both sides of the publishing industry. Writers out there -- any questions you want to ask her about any aspect of her career?

Readers -- any questions for her? Like how she comes up with her ideas, any more plans for the "Divine" series -- does she REALLY work in her pajamas? Ask away, she's ready to answer any and all questions (up to 5. Sorry, I only have her for one day!)

If you don't know her, and need to aquaint yourself, please go to my Links page and go to her website, and check it out.

But don't forget to come back and ask some questions. I -- and she -- would love to hear from you!

And you can probably come up with better questions than I can!

I'm counting on you!!

1 comment:

C. M. Hunt said...

Here are a few questions from a writers point of view.

How do you market yourself? This virtual tour is one of them (how is that going for you?), but what are some of the other things you've done or are doing? What worked? What didn't? What do you recommend a new author do?

I'd also like to know if the rumours are true about the movie deal for "whale song"? If so, how are the talks going? And what kind of process could a new author expect if they engaged in similar talks? (just hopeful thinking on my part)

Hope you get lots of questions to choose from Eileen. Have a good one.

C M Hunt