Sunday, November 10, 2013

Launches all over... for a while

The Apocalyptic Four's last anthology -- The Puzzle Box -- has been out for a few months now, and I think we've finished the launches. Maybe a few more book signings, and I'm headed down to Calgary in December for a cool little event Randy McCharles put together at the Owl's Nest Bookstore in Calgary. December 12. As the details come in, I'll post. However, I've had the chance to stop working on Puzzle Box related stuff, and begin working (again) on my own.



I wanted to get another first draft of a novel done before I start editing "Seeing the Light." I am so excited about starting this, I can barely speak... (the editing, actually) because, this is my own novel, and Tyche Books is publishing it! (yay!) However,  back to the first draft.

It's a post apocalyptic story about a young woman who is left at her parent's compound, looking after her brother and sisters while their parents are off foraging. It is eight years after the "end of civilization," and the world (or their part of it) is a fairly bleak place to live. Her parents have been gone for four days, and she's beginning to worry. Then, there's a knock on the door, and her worry turns to outright terror.

I had nearly 10,000 words written before NaNoWriMo month kicked in, so I've decided to work on this novel -- and see if 50,000 words will get me close to the end... I'm hoping it will (I'm pantsing this one, so I really don't have a clue how long it will be) because I'd like to be able to say -- out loud -- that I finished two novels this year. (All right, so the other one was a HUGE rewrite of a novel I'd written before. I'm counting it, darn it. More than enough new words to count!)

I did want to write three, and who knows? Maybe I can grab a half finished novel and give it an ending (or a middle, which is usually what my half finished stuff needs!) before the end of the year. Then I will have hit my goal. But we'll see.

First, I have to complete "Babysitting in the Time After."

No comments: